Sunday, November 28, 2010

Our Advent Calendar



Isn't this adorable? My pictures don't really do it justice, but you get the idea. The kids and I made this from a kit my mother-in-law gave us from Stampin' Up. Love it!
Here's what I've thought of putting in the boxes so far . . .
Bible verses
crazy bandz
healthy treats (we try to limit candy because the kids get it everyhere the go, it seems)
silly instructions - like "Sing Jingle Bells while hopping around the room."
stickers
Any suggestions on what else we could put in the boxes?

5 comments:

MamaT said...

no, but how cute!!!

Andrea said...

That is adorable!! Some of the things we do for our advent calendar are red/green day, go get Christmas tree, make a gingerbread house, Christmas movie night, make Jesus a bday cake, decorate cookies, do a craft...Have fun with your advent calendar!

Dionna said...

Cute. cute.

Sugarcoma said...

I just put mine up and some things I added were hot chocolate packs, notepads, candy cane pens, gum, Christmas CD, small packs of trail mix, those blow-up punch balls, hmmm...can't think of anything other than what you already mentioned. I have the last 4 days to fill in and I think for the 24th I'm going to put in a DVD that the kids really want.
Andrea's ideas are great, too.
Oh wait, I have some more ideas...card games, fun hair clips, small plastic animals, tea bags, small packs of crackers. Okay, now I'm really done. Hope something here helps.

MamaT said...

i found some ideas: http://thechristmasjar.blogspot.com/
how fun... i guess i'll jump on the bandwagon and do this too!